This week at OHBI we're celebrating Cinco De Mayo with a spicy pineapple margarita, some ruffles, pom poms, and Justin Beiber's Spanish singing debut (more on that later). Keep reading for all of the juicy details!
In order to construct the perfect spicy pineapple margarita, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau (any orange liqueur will do)
- 2 oz Pineapple juice
- 2 oz Club Soda
- 3 Slices of Jalapeño
- Pineapple Chunks for garnish
- Kosher Salt (We used Pink Himalayan salt for some extra flare)
1. First, slice the jalapeños and toss two slices into the shaker. Then muddle them until they don't look like jalapeños anymore. The more you muddle the spicier the drink will be!
2. Take a pineapple chunk and coat the rim of the glass with it. Now that the rim has piña juice on it you can add salt to the rim.
3. Mix the tequila, orange liqueur, pineapple juice, and a cup of ice in the shaker. Put on your sombrero and shake it like you're playing the maracas.
4. Pour the mixture over ice into your salt rimmed glass. Add 2 oz of club soda for some fizziness.
5. Garnish with a pineapple chunk and a jalapeño slice for some extra bougie vibes.
Enjoy your tasty fiesta inspired adult beverage! Don't forget to add drink markers to your cups (we found ours at target in the dollar section)! Someone might "accidentally" take yours by mistake because it's that tasty.
We enjoyed our margaritas poolside while being serenaded by the sweet sound of Justin Beiber singing in Spanish. SWOON. Just when we thought our inapproriate crush on the Biebs couldn't get any worse, it did once we heard "Despacito". Take a listen for yourself and drink your marg despacito (slowly in español) because they are strong!
Put on your most fiesta inspired wardrobe and give this DIY a shot!