It’s our favorite holiday of the year and we’re celebrating in pink and red with just a hint of 90’s and Parisian vibes! Happy Galentines Day dream gals! Near or far, the OHBI gals are celebrating you today! You could say we’ve been feeling extremely empowered lately and we’d like to give a round of applause to our girl Oprah and of course Leslie Knope founder of Galentine’s Day. Keep reading for a gal pal gift guide and the quotes that have us feeling so empowered lately!
First prepare yourself for all the feels and possibly some water works. Oprah’s Golden Globes acceptance speech was heard around the world and had women and men (because they too can be feminists) jumping and applauding to her moving words. Here’s just a few of the gems from that speech that still give us inspiration and encouragement.
- “What I know for sure is that speaking your truth is the most powerful tool we all have.”
- “For too long, women have not been heard or believed if they dare speak the truth to the power of those men. But their time is up. Their time is up.”
- “So I want all the girls watching here, now, to know that a new day is on the horizon! And when that new day finally dawns, it will be because of a lot of magnificent women, many of whom are right here in this room tonight, and some pretty phenomenal men, fighting hard to make sure that they become the leaders who take us to the time when nobody ever has to say "Me too" again.”
If the feels got you just look at this photo of us pretending to be cats. We're ridiculous, we already know.
Here’s a few quotes that we’re loving on a more light hearted note. Our inspiration, fictional character Leslie Knope, is always looking to uplift her fav gal pals and has strung together some amazing word combinations in order to form this sentence, “You are the most beautiful, glowing, sun goddess ever.” Who doesn’t want to hear that kind of admiration?!
Last but not least we admire the knowledge Jen Gotch drops on a daily basis. The founder of Ban.do and active mental health advocate has opened our eyes. She has reminded us it’s okay to openly talk about anxiety, depression, and our feelings in general. We shouldn’t be ashamed and she’s reminded us time and time again. Her latest quote we’re digging is, “Self-care, at its core, is giving yourself permission to do whatever it is you need to be ok.” So go on and take that bath, nap, or even speak your true feelings. Nothing is more empowering to us then doing what you need to do to take care of yourself.
How do you show appreciation to all the babes in your lives?!? Encouragement and support of course but gifts never hurt anyone. What do you get your best gal who has everything? Even if she doesn’t have everything, sometimes it can be a challenge to decide on the perfect gift that says “You are a rainbow infused space unicorn!” To help y’all out, we’ve rounded up our favorite go-to gifts from our fav girl boss owned companies and created a gift guide for Galentine's Day!
1. Ban.do, Ban.do, Ban.do! If you didn’t know how much we love this fun filled company you will now. We’re positive your pal would love any item from Ban.do but currently we’re obesessing over their compliment post cards and pencils! Sometimes we just need to be reminded how golden we really are, ya know?!
Shop Our Ban.do Favs!
2. Maria Shireen HairTie Bracelets! Y’all know we love them and now they’ve got a brand new design that holds a HairTie for you and one for your bestie on the same bracelet. Our hearts just about exploded. Shop all their designs here! You can use our code MSxOHBI for 20% off y'all!
3. Dazey L.A. is another boss babe owned company that we love. Their mission to empower woman around the world through their clothing is something to applaud. They even have a few shirts for men to rock. Support your ladies fellas! A blog post dedicated to this company will be coming soon but until then check them out here!
In this day and age, women have enough to stand up against so instead of standing AGAINST each other, let’s stand WITH each other! This Galantine's Day, we are applauding all of the humans who have worked so hard to stand up for what is right and we’re believing for an even brighter future for all of the ladies of the world. TIMES UP, Nay Sayers! Women Rule!
We'd love for y'all to share your favorite quotes and what you plan on getting your special Galentine this year! Let us know in the comments!
Shop The Looks